Wen is a designer currently based in Kuala Lumpur. Her interest lies at the crossing of design, narratives and the exploration of local cultures.
Venturing into a foreign country, she notices Southeast Asia culture is still very lesser-known and underrated in the western scene. Since then, she aspires to introduce the culture of her home roots into the design world internationally.
From an interior architecture background, Wen urges to diversify her skills into graphic communication, social design, art direction, products, and many more. She strongly believes design should be seen as a whole holistically.
Her current mantra echoes - ‘make it happen’.
- Mix & Match, exhibited at Malaysian International Furniture Fair 2018, Kuala Lumpur.
- Pattern Banyak, curated 6 furniture series at Malaysian International Furniture Fair 2018, Kuala Lumpur.
- Farm to Table, exhibited at Free Range Shows, London.
- Farm to Table, exhibited at Inscape Degree Show, Nottingham.
- The Slow Project, published as E-thesis. [website]
- Urban Sketch Journal, exhibited at Graphic Design Exhibition, Montenegro.
- Urban Sketch in Podgorica, organised a sketch crawl for 35 participants, Montenegro.
- Graphic Design Tutoring, hosted a 6-weeks graphic design workshop for 25 students, Montenegro.
- Jemore, exhibited at Malaysian International Furniture Fair 2013, Kuala Lumpur.
- Jemore, winner of MIFF Furniture Design Competition. [video]
- Jemore, exhibited at Pasarians Graduate Show, Kuala Lumpur.
- Cultureruns Riot, exhibited at Pasarians Graduate Show, Kuala Lumpur.
- The Negative Space, Excellence & Gold award of SPADE Award Competition, Singapore. [video]
- A Lightover for Adam, Top 6 finalist of Philips Lightover Challenge, Kuala Lumpur.
- Interior Architect & Designer at EDGE Architecture & Design, London | 2014 - August 2018
- Graphic Design Tutor at AIESEC, Montenegro | July - August 2016
- Interior Designer & Project Manager at Ari Methi Architect, Kuala Lumpur | Jan - August 2013
- Interior Design Intern at Designtone Interiors, Kuala Lumpur | June - Sept 2012
- Furniture Design Intern at Kian Furniture, Kuala Lumpur | Dec 2011 - March 2012
- Nottingham Trent University, UK | BA (Hons) Interior Architecture & Design, First Class Honour.
- Taylor's University, Malaysia | Diploma in Interior Design, High Distinction.